Holidays take a lot out of me. Not that I did anything. It’s just so HOT I’m tired.
I worked on surface design on a tank yesterday. This was a big BOMB. I really must leave the foil and the paint alone or else learn how to do it correctly. I would rather silkscreen on a design. Oh well, the fabric was $6 which is not bad for a wadder. I may have enough to recut the front.
I’m adapting this pattern to fit me now.
This top has a lot of good lines. I’m going to use a silk for this. As you can see from the line drawing that are quite a few pieces to the front. The pattern only goes up to an 18 and since I’m at least a 22, I will need to add in all directions for this. A FBA isn’t going to be a big deal as long as I get the sizing right because there’s plenty of space in the bust line.
I’ve traced all the pieces onto my pattern material and left a lot of room outside the tracing line for the additional I will need. I will do some simple math and make the adjustments.
One real peeve I have with Vogue is their finished garment measurements. I can’t find them. They say they are on the pattern tissue. Ok. The only thing I can find is a width marked at the bottom of each piece. I need a table. It looks like the back is 48″ and the front 52.5″ which can’t be right. The diameter of the whole top should be in the 52″ range. I’ve looked at the pattern sheets three or four times and I can’t see it so I am going to do my own measurements of the silly thing and add from there.
Because of the angels in this top a striped or very directional design wouldn’t look good. I am going to use a patterned silk – probably floral. I will first, however, make a muslin to make sure it’s perfect before I cut up $28 a yard fabric. Seriously.
Hope you all have a great weekend – summer has arrived in earnest!